To take a shot like above you need following tools
1) injection syringe
2) Sugar mixed with water
3) Object which will reflect
4) Micro Lens(I used Nikkor 105mm)
6) Tripod (Optional)
1) First put the focusing object and use syringe to put a drop on it. Try with multiple drops to make it perfect. If you use the syringe you can really drop a nice round shape water drop. And mixing sugar will let the drop stick to the surface.
2) Put the reflected object just behind the drop. In my case it was just 5-10 cm. Move the light to have a good reflection.
3) Now move your camera front and back to get a good reflection. macro focusing rails will work great for this purpose.
4) After getting a good focus set your camera to Aperture priority and f9-f16 to get a sharp drop.
Enjoy photography … 🙂
Better Quality Pictures
Hi I was trying to shoot fruits with bubbles around it. After couple of try I came up with following result.
Lemon with bubbles
Orange with bubbles
To achieve the above result you need following items.
1) 7up or any type of sparkling water.
3) Slice of fruit
5) Micro Lens (I used Nikkor 105mm)
6) Colorful papers
7) Square shape glass (I don’t have one I used drinking glass. To get better result use square glass)
8) Optional you can use tripod
Below is my setup
Lemon Bubbles Setup
First hang up the slice with toothpick and then fill up the glass with sparkling water(7up etc..). Becareful don’t put cold water as it will make vapor outside of the glass and picture won’t be clear enough. And after that wait for sometime for the bubbles appear on top of the fruit slice.
You need to setup your camera in Aperture priority and use f9 – 15 to make the bubbles edges sharper.
You might need to use some photo editing software to remove the noise if any. Enjoy …. 🙂